Many writers have approached me over the years, wanting my advice on how to build their own online and offline network, get their material read by Hollywood executives, turn their novels into screenplays, start a website, use Twitter, face their haunting fears, find the perfect margarita… you name it, they ask it.
What I’ve found is most writers fail because of the roadblocks they create themselves. We specialize in self sabotage. Sometimes we can’t see our mistakes clearly or need a little help navigating our way through the terrifying path from aspiring to produced.
Let me help you help yourself.
Pick my brain, one-on-one, with my consulting services via Skype or telephone, or even in person, should we be in the same area.
30-minute consultation for $50
60-minute consultation for $85
Follow-up 30-minute consultation for $40
Each consultation is tailored to your specific needs and includes any combination of the following but can and will be specifically tailored to your needs:
- Advice to novelists on how Hollywood works, the path to adapt their own books or find a screenwriter, and the challenges of selling your book rights.
- Analysis of your social media presence as well as tips to make your online accounts work for your personal needs.
- Advice on your website – appearance, content and promotion.
- Advice on working a pitchfest and conference, including preparing for one, what to do after, and a must-have pitchfest checklist.
- Discussions of your writing and career fears to help you grow your very own “balls of steel.”
- Advice on choosing hight-concept projects and maximizing your efforts.
- Explore ways to help you believe in yourself enough to stay in the game of writing. After all, you will never succeed if you quit.
- Rewrite tips and checklist.
- Overall screenwriting career advice to assist you in getting to the next level.
- And more…
If you’ve ever wanted to pick the brain of someone who has walked the walk from insecureaholic to produced screenwriter, email me for more details. Once we determine the areas you want to focus on, we can schedule a time that’s convenient for you.
Still not sure my brain is what you need? Email me, and I’ll give you the recipe for my famous Double Chocolate Mousse Cake. The way to a writer’s heart is always through the chocolate.
*Note: If you have a discount code, please email me for a corrected invoice instead of clicking PayPal below.
*Consultations must be paid in full prior to the appointment and are not a guarantee of success in the screenwriting industry. Jeanne Veillette Bowerman’s advice is just that, advice and opinion based on her years of experience in the film industry. No refunds.
“As a burgeoning screenwriter, Jeanne’s webinars have provided the direction I have needed to fine tune my script and to prepare me for the challenge of selling it. Oftentimes when taking classes, I feel like I have wasted my money and my time listening to someone give predictable or vague advice. Not with Jeanne. She packs in a ton of useful information into her 90 minute webinars, and always includes specific resources. She demystifies the world of Hollywood and gives practical guidance on the etiquette of script selling. Because of her webinars, I now feel confident and energized to begin the process of selling my script. Her sincerity to teach others shines through her webinars and makes her a joy to learn from. If you are going to spend any money on your screenwriting education, it is well worth it to spend it on gleaning Jeanne’s wisdom.”
– Shannon Bowen, co-author of “When Erika Met Sophie”
“You are a Godsend. I, too, live in a remote area, and I found your presentation riveting. Thank you so much for your generosity. The content you presented was akin to striking gold.” – Crispin Littlehales
“Thank you so much for sharing great words of wisdom regarding breaking in while so far from Hollywood. There was quite a bit of invaluable websites and resources that I received from the call that will help me in my craft of being a screenwriter.” – Madeline Andrews
“The webinar was well worth it. You delivered what was promised, and what I really find useful: you not only have tips to try out, you give us links to books, websites, blogs etc. that can be sources for more scriptwriting expertise and inspiration. I look forward to putting your wisdom to work on my next draft.” – Robert Newton